Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jewelry

Prior to choosing this class as my elective, I had thought about taking a metals and jewelry course for fun as I have always been captivated by the diversity of designs.





After researching 3D printed art, and looking at the architectural jewelry, I decided to focus on jewelry design for my project, and began to model a pair of earrings to be 3D printed at the shop.I modeled a very angular and geometric pendant earring. Although I had planned to attach the pendant on an actual ear wire, I also modeled one in SolidWorks, but only for display.
The SolidWorks model had smooth angled planes but the way the 3D printer layers its material created a stepped surface, which actually gives it a form of detailing in addition to the normal texture from the material.



No comments:

Post a Comment